Thursday, June 18, 2015

the way you should go

If you know much about the Hidden Place, I would assume that you know where that name comes from. Two nights ago, as I was experiencing such anxiety around decisions that needed to be made, I felt led back to the verse where this all began. Psalm 32:7--"You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble. You surround me with shouts of deliverance."

And then my eyes drifted to what comes next, if I'm honest, I had never really paid much attention to the next verse. But in that moment, I couldn't have imagined words any more perfect. "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you."

I still can't figure out why I'm shocked when God speaks. But for some reason, I am. And on Tuesday night I was reminded that while I may not know all the answers, or even get a yes or no from God, I can be sure of one thing--His eye is always on me. He will instruct me, and if not with audible voice, than with the voices of those around me. He is a good Father, and He never leaves us on our own.

Today was a special day. Today I put in an offer on a piece of land in Alex--the place that has my heart, the place that feels more like home every time I go. It was a day that I've been longing for and dreaming of. You see, this has always been the dream. It was never just to have camps. It was always for something much more than that. The dream is to journey with children as they walk out their faith with Christ--their true hiding place. And if this offer is accepted, that dream will finally have a home.

Today I've been reminded that this dream is so much bigger than me. In my mind, it can become overwhelming. It presents many questions which are difficult to answer at the moment, and many hurdles that will have to be jumped over one by one. It isn't a quick easy process, so as I sit and wait for the answer to the offer, all I know to do is pray.

At the moment, I'm sitting in my house surrounded by candles. Often times the power being out annoys me, but tonight, I am thankful for the quiet. I'm thankful for the time to think and to dream, to seek and to thank.

Today is just the beginning. If the answer is yes, the next few months will be filled with more steps and decisions than my mind can process. We will need more support than ever--emotionally, spiritually, and financially. But I have no doubt that God will provide more than I could ever imagine as He always does. So here is to instruction, here is to counsel, and here is to God never leave us on our own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment