Thursday, February 14, 2013

Anticipation

Some days I wish I could wake up and it be September. My heart races at the thought of loading up fifty something kids in vans and starting this journey--I can't wait to meet them. I can't wait to see their beautiful faces and hear their sweet voices. I can't wait to run around with them, tuck them into bed at night, shares meals with them, and watch them try new things. I can't wait to share stories, tell jokes, and get to know what makes each one of them unique. But most of all, I can't wait to try and share the love of Jesus with them.

And then I realize how unworthy I am--A girl from North Alabama who is full of mess ups and sin and my own issues...who I am to get to have this chance?

My Jesus blows my mind. I have moments when the chaos stops, when I stop trying to figure out how everything will happen, and I just allow myself to get excited. In these moments I realize that He could very easily do this without me. I am utterly insignificant in the entire thing. On my own, I can't change a child's life. I can't impact them for eternity. I can't show them the compassionate and unfailing love of Jesus. I don't know why God chose this path for my life; I really don't--but I can tell you one thing, I am so glad He did.

He knows each face that will load that bus on Monday, each face that will lay down at night in a warm bed. He knows each of their names and their stories--all I can do is pray. Pray that the right people will come alongside us as we venture into the unknown of The Hidden Place.....and pray that what we do will not be in vain. Most importantly--pray that each precious child that embarks on this journey with us will know and experience the sweet love of Jesus.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment